MSTRKRFT
Questions for LA riots

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 03:45am




MSTRKRFT
General
LA RIOTS (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Questions for LA riots
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  19
   Author  Topic: Questions for LA riots  (Read 35143 times)
davidwolf
Guest
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #60 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 01:20am »

just again wondering what kind of earplugs you use man...i'm starting to DJ pretty regularly in clubs and i dont want to damage my ears...i saw an earplugs case attached to your jacket at the seattle gig. thanks man
Logged

danielRiots
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 119
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #61 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 03:26am »

i just use a pretty generic pair at this point. i'm not home long enough to get into the ear doctor and sort out some professional fit ones. i use earlove.net

they do the job.. for now.



Logged

davidwolf
Guest
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #62 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 2:44pm »

great. thanks man. have fun on the rest of the tour. seattle was nuts. experiment = success.
Logged

Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #63 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 8:09pm »

on Mar 11th, 2008, 03:26am, danielRiots wrote:
i just use a pretty generic pair at this point. i'm not home long enough to get into the ear doctor and sort out some professional fit ones. i use earlove.net

they do the job.. for now.





how exactly do earplugs work when youre using headphones to mix, you can still hear the monitors/headphones and what not?
Logged

danielRiots
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 119
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #64 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:45pm »

i actually dont keep the earlove.net ones in when i mix. any other time im in a club i have them in. i'm going to get the 15db doctor fitted ones to keep in when i mix.


Logged

Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #65 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 4:35pm »

on Mar 12th, 2008, 9:45pm, danielRiots wrote:
i actually dont keep the earlove.net ones in when i mix. any other time im in a club i have them in. i'm going to get the 15db doctor fitted ones to keep in when i mix.




ah cool beans bro

ok anyway, would you guys ever invest in a t shirt cannon for one of your shows? that would be killer, t shirt cannons are killer
Logged

obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #66 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 8:10pm »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 4:35pm, Taylor wrote:
ah cool beans bro

ok anyway, would you guys ever invest in a t shirt cannon for one of your shows? that would be killer, t shirt cannons are killer

hahahaha! brilliant, taylor!!!

also, not to intentionally get back on the earplug thing, but how much do those doctor fitted ones go for?
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Townyj
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 2
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #67 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 7:03pm »

Hey Fella's i been searching the entire web for one of your shirt's. I live in Aus and would love to get my dirty hands on one aye...??!

So when you both comming to Aus..? Id try and make it to your set...
Logged

obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #68 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 11:58pm »

not really a question, but just letting you know: i have been getting really into your songs lately. If I Could has some really great vocals, that Jadis' voice is pretty much beautiful. and that Escape remix is SO SICK! anyway, i guess just keep up the good work? haha
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Jamie
New Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 46
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #69 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 1:29pm »

hey, i read you guys use logic and was wondering if you use the instruments it already has or if you are buying others to use in it. i just purchased logic a few nights ago and am looking forward to getting into making music with it. do you still like using it or are you wanting to move towards hardware?

also, when you say you remixed "dvno" as a bootleg, did you just come across the vocal on the internet and have a go at it? if so that is amazing being as how it is now being released. keep up the good work, i'm sure there are a lot of dj's, like myself, anxiously waiting to play your remixes.
Logged

j0b
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 10
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #70 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 1:28pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 1:29pm, Jamie wrote:
hey, i read you guys use logic and was wondering if you use the instruments it already has or if you are buying others to use in it. i just purchased logic a few nights ago and am looking forward to getting into making music with it. do you still like using it or are you wanting to move towards hardware?

also, when you say you remixed "dvno" as a bootleg, did you just come across the vocal on the internet and have a go at it? if so that is amazing being as how it is now being released. keep up the good work, i'm sure there are a lot of dj's, like myself, anxiously waiting to play your remixes.


first post! all our tunes through the heart's revolution remix were done using plugins in logic without hardware. we've since started buying and using hardware. the only logic instrument i've ever used on any productions is the exs24 sampler, everything else has been 3rd party plugins. . but i've probably used the exs24 more than anything else.

with dvno, we cut up the original track as is on the justice CD and laid it all out. we didn't even have the accapella, just what's in the tune. it wasn't easy. .
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008, 1:28pm by j0b » Logged

OK Dave
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 108
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #71 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 3:09pm »

on Mar 21st, 2008, 1:28pm, j0b wrote:
with dvno, we cut up the original track as is on the justice CD and laid it all out. we didn't even have the accapella, just what's in the tune. it wasn't easy. .


Oh yeah that kinda stuff is a pain in the ass!

Do you know when switchblade will be out?
Logged

danielRiots
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 119
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #72 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 6:29pm »

on Mar 21st, 2008, 3:09pm, OK Dave! wrote:
Do you know when switchblade will be out?


switchblade is out on an iheartcomix mix cd for scion. it's a double disc with disc one being 8 remixes of different iheartcomix artists. our remix of switchblade is the 1st one on it. the second disc is the actual mix cd that was done by franki chan. i saw them handing them out at sxsw and am sure they'll be available everywhere FOR FREE shortly.


Logged

Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #73 on: Mar 23rd, 2008, 8:07pm »

im gonna bug everyone about the t shirt cannon until i get an answer, lazaro better look out
Logged

obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for LA riots
« Reply #74 on: Mar 24th, 2008, 9:41pm »

daniel, is it true that if you're the first dj of a night, you cant play too dancey of stuff 'cause no one is yet ready to dance? me and my friend have our first dj gig on april 5th and i need some pointers as to what type of music to play, since we are on first.
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  19
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!