MSTRKRFT
Questions for Laz!

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 3:33pm




MSTRKRFT
General
LAZARO CASANOVA (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Questions for Laz!
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  41
   Author  Topic: Questions for Laz!  (Read 37323 times)
Lazaro
Junior Member


member is offline



DJ's are NOT rockstars


Email PM


Posts: 350
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 06:11am »

man that was another version that was meant to never be heard. i dont know why or how its up.


Logged



QR code. Scan with Barcode scanner
darksoul2787
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 7
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 12:47am »

hey laz thanks for mentioning juarez in your interview with cool junkie, hey and when are you gonna come back here last time you were here with mstrkrft your set was awsome..
Logged

Fookes
New Member


member is offline



London King


Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 17
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 09:35am »

The Eternals Edit is great. Get yourself to England ASAP
Logged

obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:40am »

where do you find all your music? any good blogs you'd suggest?
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Lazaro
Junior Member


member is offline



DJ's are NOT rockstars


Email PM


Posts: 350
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #49 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 2:06pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:40am, obstacle02 wrote:
where do you find all your music? any good blogs you'd suggest?


tell you the truth i hate the stuff most blogs post.

i do all my digging on online records sites and often end up buying tracks through beatport.

there was this blog called house-obsessed that posted a lot of great stuff but recently got in trouble for doing so. If you're into the french house stuff (not talking about ed banger) I would suggest http://solidgoldberger.blogspot.com/


Logged



QR code. Scan with Barcode scanner
obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 6:23pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2008, 2:06pm, Lazaro wrote:
tell you the truth i hate the stuff most blogs post.

i do all my digging on online records sites and often end up buying tracks through beatport.

there was this blog called house-obsessed that posted a lot of great stuff but recently got in trouble for doing so. If you're into the french house stuff (not talking about ed banger) I would suggest http://solidgoldberger.blogspot.com/



see, that's the thing about you, laz. you seem so much different than... say, for instance, mstrkrft. whereas they are just playing music because they don't do a "live" thing, you are djing as an art form and more like a real dj should (as you are in fact a real dj) so i kinda figured you didn't get stuff from blogs and whatnot.

i know that all probably sounded a lot dumber than i meant it, but i hope you know what i'm talking about.

anyway, i just went to this really cool (and small) place in manhattan called "Turntable Lab." have you ever been there?
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:22pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2008, 6:23pm, obstacle02 wrote:
see, that's the thing about you, laz. you seem so much different than... say, for instance, mstrkrft. whereas they are just playing music because they don't do a "live" thing, you are djing as an art form and more like a real dj should (as you are in fact a real dj) so i kinda figured you didn't get stuff from blogs and whatnot.

i know that all probably sounded a lot dumber than i meant it, but i hope you know what i'm talking about.

anyway, i just went to this really cool (and small) place in manhattan called "Turntable Lab." have you ever been there?


same as turntablelab online? i love that website, its overpriced but hell, theres always cool shit
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2009, 12:12am by Taylor » Logged

TYLER
Elite Member


member is offline



Just another kid on the beat, yeah.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2785
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #52 on: Feb 24th, 2008, 5:03pm »

haha im from western canada and i have heard of turntable lab its not that small. As well as lomo but lomo seems pretty overrated... here anyways. same with skull candy? what the fuck is so good about skull candy? sorry kind of a rant.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2008, 5:05pm by TYLER » Logged

ask beavis i get nothin' but head
obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 24th, 2008, 7:55pm »

well the manhattan store sure is small.
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 25th, 2008, 3:09pm »

on Feb 24th, 2008, 5:03pm, t.y.l.e.r wrote:
haha im from western canada and i have heard of turntable lab its not that small. As well as lomo but lomo seems pretty overrated... here anyways. same with skull candy? what the fuck is so good about skull candy? sorry kind of a rant.


skullcandy sucks, its what all the posers who think big headphones are cool walk around with...i hear they fall apart like crazy and thats just from regular use

BUT...my buddy has a pair of the 20 dollar earbuds and they sound pretty good especially for the money
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2009, 12:13am by Taylor » Logged

obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 12:45pm »

speaking of headphones, lazaro (or anyone else, really), what are some good dj headphones that are (relatively) cheap?
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2008, 12:45pm by obstacle02 » Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Lazaro
Junior Member


member is offline



DJ's are NOT rockstars


Email PM


Posts: 350
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 1:54pm »

on Feb 26th, 2008, 12:45pm, obstacle02 wrote:
speaking of headphones, lazaro (or anyone else, really), what are some good dj headphones that are (relatively) cheap?


i'd recommend spending a little extra at guitar center for some good ones and buy the guitar center warranty.

regardless of how much you pay, chances are headphones are going to break in a matter of months under heavy use. i have technics rp-dj1200 and about every 8 months they break but with the guitar center warranty i get a check sent out for the original price i paid. When i get the new ones i just pay the extra 20 or so bucks for the warranty again. and repeat.
Logged



QR code. Scan with Barcode scanner
obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 6:16pm »

on Feb 26th, 2008, 1:54pm, Lazaro wrote:
i'd recommend spending a little extra at guitar center for some good ones and buy the guitar center warranty.

regardless of how much you pay, chances are headphones are going to break in a matter of months under heavy use. i have technics rp-dj1200 and about every 8 months they break but with the guitar center warranty i get a check sent out for the original price i paid. When i get the new ones i just pay the extra 20 or so bucks for the warranty again. and repeat.

good call. warranties are pretty damn awesome. well, depending on how much it is and how much it covers. especially for expensive electronics and whatnot.
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
obstacle02
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 895
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #58 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 10:05pm »

man, what's with deadmau5 and all that prog house stuff? you posted The Reward is Cheese a while ago, and it's been one of my favorite tracks since, and today, incidentally the first time buying stuff from beatport (found a whole bunch of cash in my bank account i didnt know was there ), and all i can find from him is prog house. and i'm not really a fan... i mean, i guess they can sometimes have some pretty sweet breakdowns, but i prefer the prog-electro-house or whatever stuff. have you heard that song by bart b more? it's called "so it goes." i'm really diggin' that. er, at least that bass line is so dirty! haha. that was quite a disorganized post.
Logged

on Mar 28th, 2009, 2:01pm, La Reyna wrote:
WALL OF FUCK TO EASY LOVE


Panther Hands Myspace
Taylor
Elite Member


member is offline



i always wondered what this text box was for...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3203
Re: Questions for Laz!
« Reply #59 on: Mar 3rd, 2008, 5:35pm »

on Feb 26th, 2008, 1:54pm, Lazaro wrote:
i'd recommend spending a little extra at guitar center for some good ones and buy the guitar center warranty.

regardless of how much you pay, chances are headphones are going to break in a matter of months under heavy use. i have technics rp-dj1200 and about every 8 months they break but with the guitar center warranty i get a check sent out for the original price i paid. When i get the new ones i just pay the extra 20 or so bucks for the warranty again. and repeat.


hey laz, ever notice how the apple warranty expires right as the battery shits out on your ipod(if you have one)
Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  41
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!