MSTRKRFT
Introduce yourself/say hi

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2017, 7:25pm




MSTRKRFT
General
GENERAL (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Introduce yourself/say hi
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  23
   Author  Topic: Introduce yourself/say hi  (Read 23114 times)
Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #165 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 7:50pm »

on Feb 9th, 2009, 7:41pm, mcnoodlez wrote:
Um I wasnt speaking specifically about mstrkrft... and quite correct...I've been around producing long enough to say that statement without forcing it.


They are obviously different genres...but you slow down electro beats and you can rap over 99% of them. So essentially, hiphop is slowed down electro...

lol you can rap over pretty much anything if it's the right tempo. I've heard dudes rap over orchestral samples. Does that mean classical is just slowed down rap? Nooooo of course not.
Dude just look at the drums for one. Different sounds, different patterns different grooves. Not to mention all the different production techniques that go into each style. I've never heard a sidechained bass on a rap track, have you?
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2009, 7:50pm by Kyran » Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
mcnoodlez
Junior Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 59
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #166 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:22pm »

on Feb 9th, 2009, 7:50pm, Kyran wrote:
lol you can rap over pretty much anything if it's the right tempo. I've heard dudes rap over orchestral samples. Does that mean classical is just slowed down rap? Nooooo of course not.
Dude just look at the drums for one. Different sounds, different patterns different grooves. Not to mention all the different production techniques that go into each style. I've never heard a sidechained bass on a rap track, have you?



"you an rap over pretty much anything if it's the right tempo"

If done right, that's a rap track...

the track they did with nore is more so electro, and jsut bc he "raps" on it doesnt mean it's rap. but if he had say 2 verses and they treated it as a nore track produced by mstrkrft...then it's hip-hop.



the argument is...just bc someone raps on it doesnt mean its rap, and just because it uses electro sounds doesnt mean it's electro.

genre is a very subjective word...music is music and even that is arguable *cough*current radio music *cough*
Logged

Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #167 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:25pm »

What if I took a rap track and sped it up? Would it be electro?



C'mon dude be serious. I get what you're saying about the arrangement and everything and that's why I pointed out the patterns in drums and stuff. Compare a hip hop beat to drums from an electro song. Not even looking at the samples themselves, the beats are still way different. Look at the long intros and breakdowns and buildups in electro and house music and compare that to the structure of a hip hop or rap song.

Don't forget what it is that you first said:
on Feb 8th, 2009, 10:08pm, mcnoodlez wrote:
electro is really just faster tempo hip-hop.

You just got done describing how even though Nore raps on bounce, it's not rap, it's electro. Doesn't that conflict with your statement that they're the same music at different tempos?
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:33pm by Kyran » Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
Katherine
Guest
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #168 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:39pm »

on Feb 9th, 2009, 8:25pm, Kyran wrote:
What if I took a rap track and sped it up? Would it be electro?

C'mon dude be serious. I get what you're saying about the arrangement and everything and that's why I pointed out the patterns in drums and stuff. Compare a hip hop beat to drums from an electro song. Not even looking at the samples themselves, the beats are still way different. Look at the long intros and breakdowns and buildups in electro and house music and compare that to the structure of a hip hop or rap song.


Kyran FTW.
If ya'll gotta keep this up you know where to take ittttt
Logged

mcnoodlez
Junior Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 59
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #169 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:46pm »

on Feb 9th, 2009, 8:25pm, Kyran wrote:
What if I took a rap track and sped it up? Would it be electro?



C'mon dude be serious. I get what you're saying about the arrangement and everything and that's why I pointed out the patterns in drums and stuff. Compare a hip hop beat to drums from an electro song. Not even looking at the samples themselves, the beats are still way different. Look at the long intros and breakdowns and buildups in electro and house music and compare that to the structure of a hip hop or rap song.

Don't forget what it is that you first said:

You just got done describing how even though Nore raps on bounce, it's not rap, it's electro. Doesn't that conflict with your statement that they're the same music at different tempos?



Um I pointed out that the nore thing goes for the opposite of electro being rap, which validates my point even more. me being new, obviously everyones going to go against me, and no it doesnt conflict my statement... it's an anti-thesis that points out the opposite....

and the key word is electro CAN be hip-hop...hip-hop CAN be electro...


i'm not just throwing out BS but logical arguments that make perfect sense...read what I say, bot what you think it should mean...
Logged

ItsaWhale
New Member


member is offline



<3 Bassdrop E>


Email PM


Posts: 22
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #170 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:52pm »

its really all about the emphasis on the beat and where it lies. you can turn anything in any direction



Slinky edit: all of you. take this argument somewhere else. This is not what this thread is for
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2009, 9:05pm by slinky » Logged

Myspace.com/handsonthestereo

myspace.com/Radiokiller1

<3
mcnoodlez
Junior Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 59
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #171 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 9:20pm »


thanks for the welcome
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2009, 10:52pm by slinky » Logged

BigRed
Elite Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1841
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #172 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 09:01am »

on Feb 9th, 2009, 8:39pm, La Reyna wrote:
Kyran FTW.
If ya'll gotta keep this up you know where to take ittttt


ARGUEMENTS THREAD BABY


Oh, and I'm a recently turned 20 year old that is wasting away his life in University right now hoping to further himself in some way. Nice to meet everyone.
Logged

mcnoodlez
Junior Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 59
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #173 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 09:17am »

on Feb 10th, 2009, 09:01am, BigRed wrote:
Oh, and I'm a recently turned 20 year old that is wasting away his life in University right now hoping to further himself in some way. Nice to meet everyone.


Join the 20 and in college but not really what you want in life club. I'm in it as well.
Logged

SUNE@L
Full Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 847
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #174 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 10:53am »

on Feb 10th, 2009, 09:17am, mcnoodlez wrote:
Join the 20 and in college but not really what you want in life club. I'm in it as well.

i was one of the founding fathers of that club.

soon, i'll be the founder of "21 and in college but not really what you want in life club"
Logged

i be poppin 'em like Orville Redenbacher

http://soundcloud.com/suneal
http://twitter.com/SUNEALsuneal
http://www.myspace.com/therealsuneal
DJPixcell
New Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #175 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 11:58am »

Aloha!

I'm Dylan, I'm originally from Toronto.

Been loving MSTRKRFT since I first saw their video for "Work On You" over 3 years ago.

Addicted..


ps. am I the only one completely freaking out over the fact that "FIST OF GOD" comes out MARCH 17th!!??
Logged

geffin
Senior Member


member is offline



officious seeing eye bitch


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1424
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #176 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 12:11pm »

on Feb 10th, 2009, 11:58am, DJPixcell wrote:
ps. am I the only one completely freaking out over the fact that "FIST OF GOD" comes out MARCH 17th!!??


probably. ya don't find many mstrkrft fans around these parts of the interwebz.


welcome to the board!

ps. i'd say almost everyones stoked as shit for the album drop. i personally will probably actually buy the album, its the first album i'll have bought since i bought the london calling vinyl two years ago.

Logged

theres nothing i hate more than fucking .m3u files

http://aminalsblog.blogspot.com
DJPixcell
New Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #177 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 12:13pm »

on Feb 10th, 2009, 12:11pm, gavinmac wrote:
probably. ya don't find many mstrkrft fans around these parts of the interwebz.


welcome to the board!

ps. i'd say almost everyones stoked as shit for the album drop. i personally will probably actually buy the album, its the first album i'll have bought since i bought the london calling vinyl two years ago.



haha nice.

I personally like to buy all music, that I really like. If its very very very good. I will probably buy it eventually.

(or pretty much if its by Daft Punk, Deadmau5, or MSTRKRFT)
Logged

evane
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 4
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #178 on: Feb 10th, 2009, 1:54pm »

hey guys! i live near toronto and love mstrkrft, and sometimes produce dance music too!
Logged

Alexandra
New Member


member is offline



I guess there's always some place serving after hours.

AIM
PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 33
Re: Introduce yourself/say hi
« Reply #179 on: Feb 12th, 2009, 1:05pm »

hello,
some of you have probably seen me around. Im 18 in april and live in san diego. few things you should know about me: love electro/techno/house music, i own a vinyl dj set up, i think guys with accents are hot...especially if you look and sound like hugh jackman, and i love beer.

thats just the basics. im pretty friendly so if you want to know more i reccomend IMing me.

Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  23
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!