MSTRKRFT
Making Electronic Music

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 11:08pm




MSTRKRFT
General
GENERAL (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Making Electronic Music
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76  ...  165
   Author  Topic: Making Electronic Music  (Read 211631 times)
Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1095 on: Jan 28th, 2009, 11:48pm »

Yeah I remember when I first heard that they used Garageband and the speakers from a clock radio to mix on I was just like "Whatever, that's amazing" but it has to be bullshit. Unless you reeeeeeeallly knew that clock radio in and out and knew were the missing frequencies were..... Nah it's insane, there's no reason they wouldn't have nice monitors. Not like they can't afford it.
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
Jamie
New Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 46
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1096 on: Jan 28th, 2009, 11:56pm »

are you dudes buying all your soft synths or are you getting them off torrent sites? i've never used a torrent site but would love to have some nice soft synths.

do the programs from torrent sites fuck up a lot? i bought logic and am learning it little by little (by the way, maybe there should be a logic help thread like the pro tools one, i know taylor talks about logic some) but am having some trouble getting the synth sounds i want.

maybe i need to be using different synth? not sure? would love to know more about some talked about synths like the dominator. i feel like i can write some good bass lines with an actual bass on logic, but can never get it to sound right on a bass synth.

i want to be able to make some harder tracks and i feel like a regular bass never pushes a track hard enough, so i have to use a synth i can just never get the sound i want. any help is appreciated.
Logged

Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1097 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 12:04am »

I don't know of anyone who really buys plugins unless it's absolutely necessary. Laz was just talking about how he has to reinstall the demo of his Waves bundle every 15 days.

I've never really had a synth fuck up because it was cracked. If you were to use a heavily cracked program it might run a little slow or crash maybe, but synths are fairly stable.

Have a look around (In the newly created synths thread perhaps) and pick out a few softsynths. Once you get comfortable with synthesis in general and how everything works, then you can pick out your ultimate synth.

As for a bass not pushing a track hard enough, you could probably remedy this with compression. If you're not that familiar with compression or anything, get reading cause it's helpful, especially in electronic music. Look up parallel compression too. Louder sound, but still retains some dynamics.
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1098 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 12:11am »

Also, Ever wish you could use Pro Tools without a Digidesign or M Audio interface? Don't poop your pants yet, it's not exactly what you think, but it might be close:
http://www.lemonshare.net/software/audio-apps/8111.html
A cracked copy of Pro Tools Free that loosens the track restrictions. Only problem is you need Win98 I think to run it
Anyways if you do some poking around the web, there might be one for Xp that's been jailbroken too. There might be hope someday!
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
thetechnopagans
Full Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 702
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1099 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 12:52am »

on Jan 29th, 2009, 12:04am, Kyran wrote:
I don't know of anyone who really buys plugins unless it's absolutely necessary. Laz was just talking about how he has to reinstall the demo of his Waves bundle every 15 days.

I've never really had a synth fuck up because it was cracked. If you were to use a heavily cracked program it might run a little slow or crash maybe, but synths are fairly stable.

Have a look around (In the newly created synths thread perhaps) and pick out a few softsynths. Once you get comfortable with synthesis in general and how everything works, then you can pick out your ultimate synth.

As for a bass not pushing a track hard enough, you could probably remedy this with compression. If you're not that familiar with compression or anything, get reading cause it's helpful, especially in electronic music. Look up parallel compression too. Louder sound, but still retains some dynamics.


my massive and vst to rtas got broken, the massive shuts down my daw if i try to use it now. same with a filter i had that called home too. if i try and use any cracked mcdsp stuff my protools wont even start up, though i think it works on the older cracked versions
Logged

5th
Full Member


member is offline



greetings from austin jacobsen


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 653
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1100 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 6:22pm »

fuckkkk so using an xponent and torq, it seems i cant route the audio from each deck separately into to different tracks in ableton, or anything for that matter

i would really like to have each audio stream be able to go to where i want it to. super gay that i cant.

anybody have a remedy to my problem? besides more cowbell?
Logged

www.facebook.com/realboymusic
www.myspace.com/realboymusic
http://realboymusic.blogspot.com
Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1101 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 7:00pm »

Less of everything other than cowbell?

or this?
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
5th
Full Member


member is offline



greetings from austin jacobsen


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 653
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1102 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 7:37pm »

on Jan 29th, 2009, 7:00pm, Kyran wrote:
Less of everything other than cowbell?

or this?

i had tried this earlier
thats for use with connective, which has a soundcard of its own. that would require that i have another device with a soundcard, which i dont

thanks though
Logged

www.facebook.com/realboymusic
www.myspace.com/realboymusic
http://realboymusic.blogspot.com
Kurups
Full Member


member is offline



Yeah!

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 543
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1103 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 1:32pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTAw-RevNQI&feature=channel_page

POLYRHYTHMS

It's the reason I got addicted to drums. I just started trying to encorperate them into some shitty synth / beat noises on logic and its phenomenal how much it helps.
Logged

http://www.myspace.com/nickownsyourface
lukas.
Elite Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 2123
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1104 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 2:42pm »

anyone have any tips on making that distorted synth in rollin and scratchin? i think im pretty close, i've got low ADSR and a high res VCF, with the cutoff frequency being modulated. but it feels like i'm missing something. maybe its because im not actually using a juno 106...
Logged

NightRumour.com
Alive
New Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1105 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 3:43pm »

on Jan 30th, 2009, 2:42pm, LukeSwits wrote:
anyone have any tips on making that distorted synth in rollin and scratchin? i think im pretty close, i've got low ADSR and a high res VCF, with the cutoff frequency being modulated. but it feels like i'm missing something. maybe its because im not actually using a juno 106...



Check this out: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AJyMBfQz4_8
Logged

Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1106 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 11:38pm »

on Jan 30th, 2009, 1:32pm, Kurups wrote:
POLYRHYTHMS

<3
One of my favorites is when Danny Carrey from Tool does Five over Four over Three in Rosetta Stoned. He's fucking sick at polyrhythms, as is the rest of the band. You guy's know my love for Meshuggah and their poly/odd time sig shit too.
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
Todd
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1107 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 11:40pm »

on Jan 30th, 2009, 11:38pm, Kyran wrote:
<3
One of my favorites is when Danny Carrey from Tool does Five over Four over Three in Rosetta Stoned. He's fucking sick at polyrhythms, as is the rest of the band. You guy's know my love for Meshuggah and their poly/odd time sig shit too.


In the breakdown of Lateralus the hi hats are in 5/16 while the rest of the band is in 6/8. Blows my mind every time.
Logged

all i wanted was a pepsi, just one pepsi
Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1108 on: Jan 30th, 2009, 11:48pm »

The best part about Tool is Danny Carrey's always doing four different things with all his limbs, plus bass guitar and vocals, so each time you listen to a song, you can concentrate on a certain instrument and the whole song sounds different. It's like those choose your own adventure books! Do you follow bass or kick drum? Guitar perhaps?

That's why Tool is my favoritest! They're definitely one of the smartest groups of musicians on the planet.
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
lukas.
Elite Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 2123
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #1109 on: Jan 31st, 2009, 3:37pm »

on Jan 30th, 2009, 11:48pm, Kyran wrote:
The best part about Tool is Danny Carrey's always doing four different things with all his limbs, plus bass guitar and vocals, so each time you listen to a song, you can concentrate on a certain instrument and the whole song sounds different. It's like those choose your own adventure books! Do you follow bass or kick drum? Guitar perhaps?

That's why Tool is my favoritest! They're definitely one of the smartest groups of musicians on the planet.


doesn't Danny Carrey summon demons when he's drumming?
Logged

NightRumour.com
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76  ...  165
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!