MSTRKRFT
Making Electronic Music

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 11:13pm




MSTRKRFT
General
GENERAL (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Making Electronic Music
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 
   Author  Topic: Making Electronic Music  (Read 211644 times)
nubuck
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 150
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2460 on: Jan 24th, 2011, 05:08am »

on Jan 23rd, 2011, 4:57pm, TYLER wrote:
cool site nubuck! i'm also teaching myself piano right now so thanks


All good man, I had to share it with someone (I'm the only EDM producer in my city that I know)... The Cream - White room midi files are so insane... one of my all time favourite tracks... that chord progression is still so amazing.

hope it helps out... or at least inspires
Logged

nubuck
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 150
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2461 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 11:33pm »

Sorry for the double post... just wondering if anybody has some good tutorials or resources for learning how to use REAKTOR??
Logged

arknsauce
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 214
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2462 on: Jan 30th, 2011, 06:46am »

So I recently got back into useing Fruity Loops since I got my new laptop that isnt a peice haha. I was wondering if there was a way to master tracks in Fruity Loops or if there was another program I should use? I have made little things here and there in Fruity Loops and have mastered them somewhat with the mixer that is in the program but I was curious as to if there was a better way than that? Thanks for the help ahead of time guys.
Logged

The_IRA
Full Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 613
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2463 on: Jan 30th, 2011, 5:18pm »

on Jan 30th, 2011, 06:46am, arknsauce wrote:
So I recently got back into useing Fruity Loops since I got my new laptop that isnt a peice haha. I was wondering if there was a way to master tracks in Fruity Loops or if there was another program I should use? I have made little things here and there in Fruity Loops and have mastered them somewhat with the mixer that is in the program but I was curious as to if there was a better way than that? Thanks for the help ahead of time guys.


Do you mean mixing and mastering? Using EQ, panning, volume levels, etc is all mixing. Mastering is more getting it ready to be released (master channel EQ, compression, sound maximizing, etc).

Besides the specifics, any DAW is capably do doing both jobs, and actually they are made for it. Just make sure FL Studio is the DAW you want to use. You may want to look into getting better VST plugins that may do a better job for what you want to do, however I am pretty sure FL Studio has all the tools you need for now.
Logged

IRA
arknsauce
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 214
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2464 on: Jan 30th, 2011, 7:15pm »

on Jan 30th, 2011, 5:18pm, The_IRA wrote:
Do you mean mixing and mastering? Using EQ, panning, volume levels, etc is all mixing. Mastering is more getting it ready to be released (master channel EQ, compression, sound maximizing, etc).

Besides the specifics, any DAW is capably do doing both jobs, and actually they are made for it. Just make sure FL Studio is the DAW you want to use. You may want to look into getting better VST plugins that may do a better job for what you want to do, however I am pretty sure FL Studio has all the tools you need for now.


Thanks for the info. I am very fond of FL studio and I have a growing library of free vst's that I really like. Since I've gotten my dj equipment I have wanted to really get into producing but I have a lot to learn as far as mixing and mastering goes.
Logged

The_IRA
Full Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 613
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2465 on: Jan 30th, 2011, 10:12pm »

on Jan 30th, 2011, 7:15pm, arknsauce wrote:
Thanks for the info. I am very fond of FL studio and I have a growing library of free vst's that I really like. Since I've gotten my dj equipment I have wanted to really get into producing but I have a lot to learn as far as mixing and mastering goes.


Yea i suggest you work with what you got to get the understanding of all the components of mixing/mastering. There are lots to learn off the internet, just search around.
Logged

IRA
arknsauce
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 214
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2466 on: Jan 31st, 2011, 06:57am »

on Jan 30th, 2011, 10:12pm, The_IRA wrote:
Yea i suggest you work with what you got to get the understanding of all the components of mixing/mastering. There are lots to learn off the internet, just search around.

Yeah a lot of what I learned has been in computer music magazine and things I pick up on in these forums and by accident haha.
Logged

FranktheTank
Senior Member


member is offline



see the animal in his cage that you built, are you sure what side you're on?


Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1003
Re: Making Electronic Music
« Reply #2467 on: Jan 31st, 2011, 7:28pm »

Logged

on Sep 14th, 2010, 10:03am, DLest wrote:
I'd suck a fart out of her ass and hold it like a bong hit
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!