MSTRKRFT
Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 11:18pm




MSTRKRFT
General
GENERAL (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  12
   Author  Topic: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns  (Read 23112 times)
Naister
Full Member


member is offline



Yeah.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 821
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #30 on: Mar 7th, 2009, 2:56pm »

I love everyone on this board, but I love slinky and R2R0 the most because they take the time to be (what I consider) good moderators for this board, and they are willing to spend the time and effort to BE mods.

happy birthday big man, and R2, happy birthday whenever it rolls around (make sure to let us all know)
Logged

lukas.
Elite Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 2123
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #31 on: Mar 7th, 2009, 4:33pm »

i hate all of this arguing and even talking about rules. i liked this place because there werent any rules really and no one to enforce them but people were still chill and everything went well regardless. i like the mods and i dont think they're aggressive or imposing any rules at all. really all you guys should be doing is cleaning up spam and moving topics to places where they belong or deleting reoccuring threads and redirecting people to old ones. and thats what you've guys been doing the whole time. i dont really see the problem

the fact that we're talking about makes it kind of lame. screw making stickies of rules and stuff, just be HUMAN. lol

i also dont see any problems with slinky either. he's the perfect person for being a mod. i think he's the oldest member that still frequently posts all the way back from the death from above message board. he's pretty much been on these forums during like every moment of jfk's last couple years of being in the music business. from the days of talking and meeting people at DFA shows when they were still together, to JFK announcing their break up and now MSTRKRFT. slinky was there.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2009, 4:45pm by lukas. » Logged

NightRumour.com
welcomeinjam
Junior Member


member is offline



U2 are terrible


Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 324
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #32 on: Mar 7th, 2009, 9:13pm »

on Mar 6th, 2009, 7:49pm, slinky wrote:
Luckily we have the SPAM section where basically anything goes.


Good cause I'm quite drunk and i'm going to make a topic right there and right now with me ranting for no reason. yay for spam sections
Logged

IDM is a ridiculous genre name
laserbeast
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 996
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #33 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 03:42am »

on Mar 6th, 2009, 7:49pm, slinky wrote:
Awesome thread guys. I decided to sticky it because unless people bring up their concerns we'll never know what people are thinking.

Basically my decision to make the "shows your playing" thread was that this is not a local board for one or two cities. This is a global thread where there are a handful of people from each city. Unfortunately show threads don't really work in boards like that.

Luckily we have the SPAM section where basically anything goes.
That way the general board doesn't get clogged up with show threads and we don't get people registering just to advertise their threads. I love to hear about shows people are playing and what's going on, who's opening for who and all that stuff.

Anyway, any decision that I make is just based on what I think is best for the board. If I'm wrong in my decision and someone doesn't like it, this can be a great place for people to come and discuss that. FISK is the first person to complain about putting all the "shows you're playing" in one thread in the general section. Nothing in this thread convinced me that the community thinks otherwise but I'd be more than happy to hear other people's opinions.

I'm sorry that laserbeat hasn't felt that I've been carrying my weight as a mod but I can only work with what I've got and if no one tells me that they don't like what's going on, there's no way that I can change.

Everything I do here is for the community and I don't expect to be treated any differently because of the number of stars under my name or my post count.

Just enjoy yourself people and try not to take everything personally.

Big smiles.

Today was my birthday and it was all around great! Including this little thing!


Unfortunately, it's not what you do or say, but how you do and say things.

90% of the time, you're arrogant and condescending, and rip people new assholes in threads and replies where YOU should be trying to keep the peace. I'm not even talking about me, in fact I'm kind of observing this from the sideline. This has been going on long before you were a moderator and has persisted and escalated when you actually became a mod.

You're way too aggressive with members and if it continues you're going to lose people here. Just because you're a mod doesn't give you free reign to spout off. Put yourself in our shoes and I think you'd want the same thing, which is to tone down the bullshit.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009, 03:45am by laserbeast » Logged

www.facebook.com/laserbeast
Smiley Perv
Global Moderator


member is offline



Ban Count: 21

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1586
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #34 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 09:30am »

on Mar 8th, 2009, 03:42am, laserbeast wrote:
Unfortunately, it's not what you do or say, but how you do and say things.

90% of the time, you're arrogant and condescending, and rip people new assholes in threads and replies where YOU should be trying to keep the peace.

I wouldn't want a pussy for a Moderator and you have none in this board. Look, maybe he'll sometimes publicly
tell people WTFUXUP and has an aggressive attitude towards his posts. But you may not be keeping all the posts
in mind when you say what you're saying... A little quote from slinky in response to your opinion in keeping the peace.

on Feb 17th, 2009, 6:54pm, slinky wrote:
Guys. Let's try not to attack each other and come up with actually arguments for and against our opinions. I will lock this thread if it gets out of control.

I dunno, man... He's not exactly telling people to "STFU or else I will ban you" or "You're a dumbass so you're posts
is gonna be modified because I can do that". What the hell do you want out of this man? We're not trying to take away
your opinions but simply organize this board and make it a little easier for you guys to enjoy. If there's some attitude and
humor about it, it's only in our personalities. If for whatever reason I feel that I need to delete your post, I will quote it in a
PM and tell you or any member in this board that this belongs in the "Making Electronic Music" thread or the "youtube gold"
thread. Perhaps it'll spare you any sass you think I may have but either way, I don't think slinky is burning on people in discontent.

Edit: Oh, and that 90% is way over the top in the statistics. Really? 90%?! Go check his last 100 posts
and bring some real numbers to me. Out of those 100 posts, I want 90 quotes from him being an "arrogant,
condescending" user. Deliver.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009, 09:34am by Smiley Perv » Logged

MTHRFCKN Moderator "There are no rules to art" - Angie
Katherine
Guest
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #35 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 10:06am »

I love both of our mods very much. I don't think we could have a better team. Both men have qualities that balance each other out in a tasty way. mmm delicious

Logged

Kyran
Elite Member


member is offline



I'm actually a team of midgets who take turns post whoring in shifts.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1982
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #36 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 10:19am »

R2 I think it's time you posted that crying baby picture again...

Seriously guys stop whining about slinky. I could make a thread about how I don't like you... (Which is basically what this has turned into) This has nothing to do with him being a mod and everything to do with you just not liking him. Well too bad. I'm sure there's people who don't like you too but they keep quiet about it cause they're not pricks.
Logged

Batman uses samples.

on Mar 13th, 2009, 05:06am, TYLER wrote:
EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THIS ISN'T THE WHERE I GO ON MUSHROOMS THREAD.
Volume11
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 83
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #37 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 11:20am »

too many "rules". board sucks. slinkys ruined my enjoyment for the forums.

oh lawd was happenin
Logged

Katherine
Guest
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #38 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 11:27am »

are there even really rules? I feel like anything the mods do is stuff we all just understood before or didn't have the power to deal with.

Maybe there's a bunch of fucked up shit going on in the Making Electronic music thread, or LA Riots or something. I never read that shit.
Logged

sinuspain
Guest
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #39 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 7:58pm »

R2, man, you're real cool and chill...happy to have u here

slinky, you're awesome too, but sometimes i think u might say things that could annoy some people and might not be completely necessary

still not that big of a deal
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009, 8:05pm by sinuspain » Logged

sinuspain
Guest
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #40 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 8:01pm »

oh and that thread that kurups posted a while back was a bit random and stupid and slink deleted it rightfully so

this board needs to be injected with more unseriousness
its been a little too rough around the edges for a lil while
Logged

slinky
Global Moderator


member is offline



...but I ain't jamaican man


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3623
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #41 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 8:06pm »

on Mar 8th, 2009, 7:58pm, sinuspain wrote:
slinky, you're awesome too, but sometimes i think u might say things that could annoy some people and might not be completely necessary


Sure. I'll agree with that but I just hope that no one is thinking that this is because I'm a mod or anything. I was like that before and I didn't change. I don't know. I guess if it's really that much of a problem and people aren't enjoying myself because I'm here, the right thing would be for me to tone it down.

And yeah, no porn threads guys. This is the internet, we know where to find that stuff on our own.
Logged

sinuspain
Guest
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #42 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 8:18pm »

yeah, i haven't really noticed u deleting or modifying threads for no reason or for the wrong reason

really it has nothing to do with u being a mod, i agree u where always kinda like that

i just think we should stop being kinda duchey to people just cause they didn't use the search or because they made a thread about something thats already there

and stuff that has an obvious answer doesn't really have to be answered with negative comments

thats it
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009, 8:18pm by sinuspain » Logged

TYLER
Elite Member


member is offline



Just another kid on the beat, yeah.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2785
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #43 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 10:56pm »

slinky has proved to be one of the most diplomatic and understanding people on here, i think he has earned the responsibility.
Logged

ask beavis i get nothin' but head
Patrick
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 32
Re: Dear admin/mods - issues and concerns
« Reply #44 on: Mar 8th, 2009, 11:32pm »

Slinky is the WORST mod ever. Give it a break slinky, you are letting the power get to your head.
Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  12
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!