MSTRKRFT
Questions for Felix

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2017, 03:35am




MSTRKRFT
General
FELIX CARTAL (Moderator: lgrweb)
  Questions for Felix
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16  ...  29
   Author  Topic: Questions for Felix  (Read 12057 times)
Todd
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #195 on: May 2nd, 2009, 2:39pm »

Man what happened at Spin last night? I couldn't go cus I was working on my album but all my friends got there at 12 and didn't even end up paying to get in cus they heard your computer died or something? Huge bummer.
Logged

all i wanted was a pepsi, just one pepsi
Jules
Senior Member


member is offline



montr3al


Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1349
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #196 on: May 3rd, 2009, 06:57am »

Some crown royal was spilled on his mac...It died right away.. (from his twitter) lol
Logged

http://www.el3ctronight.net/

@JulianCilib
BigRed
Elite Member


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1841
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #197 on: May 3rd, 2009, 08:48am »

It was only a matter of time before the Crown Royal didn't bring a good time with it, sorry it had to happen to you Felix.
Logged

Todd
Full Member


member is offline





AIM
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #198 on: May 3rd, 2009, 10:32am »

on May 3rd, 2009, 06:57am, Jules. wrote:
Some crown royal was spilled on his mac...It died right away.. (from his twitter) lol


Ya I read that, just wanted to know if he got to play at all and the story behind it.
Logged

all i wanted was a pepsi, just one pepsi
ThmThmDJ
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 267
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #199 on: May 3rd, 2009, 6:16pm »

on May 2nd, 2009, 2:01pm, gavinmac wrote:
I'm curious, did you get into dj'ing and then produce or did you start producing and then dj?


Dj Then producing i haven't finished a full track yet although i am really close to finishing the one i have been working on. I do have about 10 or so re edits
Logged

716
Felix
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 187
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #200 on: May 5th, 2009, 11:05am »

on May 2nd, 2009, 2:39pm, Todd wrote:
Man what happened at Spin last night? I couldn't go cus I was working on my album but all my friends got there at 12 and didn't even end up paying to get in cus they heard your computer died or something? Huge bummer.


Yeah i placed my drink behind my computer and as the sound guy was moving something off the table, it happened to bump it onto my computer. The computer still won't turn on- so it's officially fried. Fortunately, the hard drive was salvaged and transferred to a new macbook, and I managed to play my gig the next night.

We will hopefully to a make-up show in San Diego in the future- sorry for anyone who came out to see me!

FC
Logged

http://felixcartal.com/
ladolcevita
New Member


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 37
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #201 on: May 6th, 2009, 1:05pm »

Felix, how is your UC 33 mapped?

do you run like 8 channels in ableton mapped to the faders, and then just hi/mid/low on the knobs?
Logged

ElevatorPeople
New Member


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 10
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #202 on: May 6th, 2009, 5:27pm »



lol. second from left

Logged

lukas.
Elite Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 2123
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #203 on: May 6th, 2009, 6:30pm »

from reading ur in depth blog posts it seems like your a big fan of malstrom. do you ever use the other synths in reason like subtractor and thor?
Logged

NightRumour.com
Anthony
Junior Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 200
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #204 on: May 8th, 2009, 05:50am »

Just wanted to say your show last night was off the charts. I saw you back in February and I don't know if it was your track selection or what this time but it was absolute fire.

Couple questions/comments:

-What was the first track you played? Holy Mother of God.
-Keatch Remix of Rollin & Scratchin (into Church of Nonsense - are you kidding me?! ) on a big system had my jaw to the floor, as did Kick Drum.
-Really happy to see people were receptive to your stuff.

Alot of heavy tunes, I was only going to stay for a bit for your set because I had to work at 8:30 this morning but I couldn't help but stay until you had finished. Keep up the good work man, one of the most well sorted sets I've heard from any DJ, let alone the Dim Mak crew.
Logged

www.myspace.com/welcometobordello
www.facebook.com/bordellomusic
www.twitter.com/bordellomusic
ThmThmDJ
Junior Member


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 267
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #205 on: May 8th, 2009, 3:20pm »

on May 5th, 2009, 11:05am, Felix wrote:
Yeah i placed my drink behind my computer and as the sound guy was moving something off the table, it happened to bump it onto my computer. The computer still won't turn on- so it's officially fried. Fortunately, the hard drive was salvaged and transferred to a new macbook, and I managed to play my gig the next night.

We will hopefully to a make-up show in San Diego in the future- sorry for anyone who came out to see me!

FC


That sucks felix feel bad for ya
Logged

716
Felix
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 187
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #206 on: May 9th, 2009, 1:04pm »

on May 8th, 2009, 05:50am, Anthony wrote:
Just wanted to say your show last night was off the charts. I saw you back in February and I don't know if it was your track selection or what this time but it was absolute fire.

Couple questions/comments:

-What was the first track you played? Holy Mother of God.
-Keatch Remix of Rollin & Scratchin (into Church of Nonsense - are you kidding me?! ) on a big system had my jaw to the floor, as did Kick Drum.
-Really happy to see people were receptive to your stuff.

Alot of heavy tunes, I was only going to stay for a bit for your set because I had to work at 8:30 this morning but I couldn't help but stay until you had finished. Keep up the good work man, one of the most well sorted sets I've heard from any DJ, let alone the Dim Mak crew.


Thanks dude glad you enjoyed it.
The first track i played is an intro I made for my sets, but I dropped it into the Fukkk Off remix of DJ Dan's 'Seduction'
Logged

http://felixcartal.com/
Felix
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 187
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #207 on: May 9th, 2009, 1:05pm »

on May 6th, 2009, 1:05pm, ladolcevita wrote:
Felix, how is your UC 33 mapped?

do you run like 8 channels in ableton mapped to the faders, and then just hi/mid/low on the knobs?


yeah thats right about the hi mid lows, but i only run 3 channels, then i do delays/filters/other effects on the right knobs on the controller. basically 2 channels are my tracks, the third one is loops and vocals.
Logged

http://felixcartal.com/
Jules
Senior Member


member is offline



montr3al


Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1349
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #208 on: May 11th, 2009, 5:09pm »

Yo Felix, its julian from twitter lol
I would like to know if it's possible for me to get a DIM MAK sticker.. the ones you put on your laptop..

Thanks. 2 days lefttt
Logged

http://www.el3ctronight.net/

@JulianCilib
dankface
New Member


member is offline






PM


Posts: 11
Re: Questions for Felix
« Reply #209 on: May 11th, 2009, 6:49pm »

i was reading how you put reverb on pretty much everything. do you route them as inserts or sends, or both?
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16  ...  29
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!